11/02/2010

...early to bed

Wow... here I am. Over a year later since I last posted. Blogger has changed their formatting manner since I last visited so in my attempts to "spruce up" the old blog, I've made a bit of an unsightly mess. I will save the adjusting for another night when the clock doesn't read "too long past my bedtime." Anyway... yes, I'm back. It's not that the events of the past year have been too mundane to record-- life has been filled with triumphs, dispair, frustrations, celebrations, and fortunately, only 1 hospital stay to fix, for a third time, Kacy's eyes. (Which seems to have worked, by the way! His eyes are working together better than they ever have! Yippee!) It's quite the opposite, really. This busy pace of life doesn't seem to be slowing, so I am making myself a promise. Each day this month, I will post a note of Thanksgiving- taking pause to reflect and refocus myself, for even a few minutes, on what blessings have been bestowed upon me from the hand of my creator. Tis the season for giving thanks...

Today, I am thankful that my children were safe and warm in their beds, sound asleep before 9 pm. I cannot remember the last time this happened! Due to afterschool activities, dinner is usually served around 8, followed by homework, showers and a bit of winding down before bed at 9:30 or 10:00-- much too late for growing boys! So what a blessing to have chores done, homework finished, stomachs full and resting peacefully! So thankful for a good night's rest! Now... my turn to get some zzz's...

No comments:

Post a Comment