11/02/2010

...my "real" job

I had an unexpected day off today... an opportunity to do my "real" job, my favorite job-- that of a mother. Unfortunately, Brett has had the stomach flu, but fortunately, it gave us a day together- we watched "Shiloh" and some old "Veggie Tales" while snuggling on the couch (and occassionally running to the bathroom to be sick-- poor kid). But I AM THANKFUL FOR today, for the chance to "hold" my boy, take care of him, and forget about how much homework he was going to have and how much I have waiting for me after leaving students in the hands of a substitute teacher. Nope. Not going there right now. We will worry about that stuff tomorrow... right now, I'm going to lie down next to my boy and say a prayer that he has a restful night and wakes in the morning feeling better.

No comments:

Post a Comment