11/03/2010

...the Methodist Turkey Dinner


Well... I gobbled 'til I wobbled. The LaCrosse Methodist turkey dinner is an annual tradition that we all look forward to! Granny buys our tickets-- isn't that nice?! The only thing that would be better is if she felt up to joining us! We all but licked our plates clean-- Brett is feeling better so he enjoyed the gravy-drenched turkey and rolls (not a potato kid), Tyler ate his plate and most of Kacy's plate and cousin Ashtyn's turkey. Kacy discovered a fondess for pumpkin pie, Dennis was happy to have a real, home-cooked meal, and I didn't have to cook tonight! It was a fun evening with family and friends! So today I am thankful for the Methodist Church Turkey Dinner. Now excuse me... I believe the tryptophan is kicking in!

No comments:

Post a Comment