4/06/2011

Brothers

At the end of a fun afternoon with friends, I thought I would blog about the laughs and the shopping at Hurd's~ we found some wonderful things, left with wish lists a mile long, and even found some inspration for projects we'd like to try ourselves.  But, as I sat down with my laptop and looked across the room, I saw something that trumped it all...

Tyler is on the couch, sporting his usual evening attire of a t-shirt that he has cut the sleeves off of and a large pair of basketball shorts.  His hair is still wet from the shower and he's periodically texting someone.  Snuggled up beside him, under his arm, is his littlest brother.  He's lovingly patting Kacy's arm and whispering to him about someting and Kacy is loving the attention.  It's these moments that I cherish most.  Having Kacy as a little brother isn't easy and the boys have each gone through different stages of accepting the reality, however, they have always loved him unconditionally.  It makes me realize that being a brother is even better than being a superhero.

No comments:

Post a Comment