5/09/2009

Spring has Sprung!



(Well, Eric! Here's the blog update you were razzing me about!)

Spring seems to have come with a vengence at the Kincaid household! Once Dennis could get going in the field, he was going, going, gone! The boys and I manage to continue work, chores, sports activities, etc. without him-- but it's always an adjustment for us all! Kacy, as expected, takes it the hardest. Four or five days can pass without him seeing his dad and then, once he finally gets the chance, he completely ignores Dennis as if to punish him for being absent for awhile. The big boys manage to keep Dad current on their lives via cell phone. And, I must admit that I am often too exhausted to stay awake until he returns home. I'll put his plate in the fridge, leave a sticky note on the counter with any important messages that need to be conveyed, and then I'm off to bed. Often, he is gone before I wake in the morning. If it weren't for the dirty clothes that seem to accumulate in front of the washer and the dirty dishes in the sink, I would wonder if he ever came home!

No comments:

Post a Comment