5/17/2009

Kids are amazing. So resilient. I was reminded of that several times yesterday. While I sat at the baseball jamboree and got sun burnt- Brett played on in his black uniform, he had to be hot, but he was all business the entire time. He didn't care about the heat, he was resilient and did a darn good job! On Thursday, Kacy received new braces for this feet. They are hopefully going to straighten out his ankles and improve his "gait." This is his second set and as before, breaking them in is the hard part. When we take them off, there are red marks on his feet where the most pressure has been applied. It has to be painful! But he, like his brothers, is resilient. He doesn't complain and they don't slow him down. Tyler is one of those kids who doesn't let the dust settle so his leg injury has been not only physically painful but emotionally difficult to deal with as well. Yesterday, when he unwrapped his leg to shower, he nearly fainted when he saw his four-inch incision. It took about a half hour for his color to return to normal. Throughout the day, he'd peek at it. The "shock" had warn off and he was intrigued by what he saw under the wrap. He has grown used to his crutches and can go just about anywhere now and at a rapid pace! He's resilient, also. I am so envious of all of them...what happens to that resiliency as we grow older?

I was on iTunes yesterday and found one of the the songs you should hear playing in the background. It's a duet by Brad Paisley and Sara Evans called "New Again." Brad Paisley sings his lyrics from Jesus' perspective and Sara Evan sings from Mary's perspecitve. It's beautiful and got me thinking about Mary. It is so difficult to see my children suffer with even a headache. I simply can't imagine how she must have felt watching her son be persucuted and nailed to a cross. The ache in her heart, through her whole body must have been suffocating at best. She had to have an amaing faith, I cannot even begin to comprehend her grief, her pain, her sorrow. But she got through it. Her faith brought her through it. She was resilient!!

I wanted to include the lyrics... I found them online and have printed them for myself to keep in my day planner. Thought I'd include them here, too. I also found a YouTube video that someone made using clips from "The Passion..." movie. I'm going to try and "embed" it on this blog. It brought the tears this morning, for I'm finding myself in an "exhausted mom" state. While it made me cry, it also brought me hope. A reminder of the sacrifice that was made for our salvation. I need to remind myself sometimes that I am only a visitor here, just passing through. Each day is a gift and I love my family and I love my life-- but there is a better one ahead. I just need to be resilient.



Mother - do not cry for me
All of this is exactly how it's supposed to be
I'm right here. Can you hear my voice?
My life, my love, my Lord....my baby boy
As they nail me to this tree
Just know my Father waits for me
God how can this be your will?
To have your son and my son killed?
Whatever happens...whatever you see...
Whatever your eyes tell you has become of me
This is not...Not the end...
I am making all things new again
I remember when you were born
In that manger where I first held you in my arms
So many miracles and lives you've changed
And this world repays you how?
With all this pain
Whatever happens...whatever you see...
Whatever your eyes tell you has become of me
This is not...Not the end...
I am making all things new again.

1 comment:

  1. You, my sweet friend, are an inspiration to all! I appreciate your kind, gentle spirit and determination to perservere. Thank you for sharing from your heart and allowing us a glimpse into your lives. Loves and hugs and continued prayers as you await results.

    ReplyDelete