6/27/2009

Music to My Ears

Music to My Ears!



The darndest thing happened this morning. You see, Kacy has a very select group of toys that he chooses to play with. If it involves a ball rolling through a track, music playing, and/or lights flashing... he's all over it. The LeapFrog 'Fridge DJ is one of those toys for Kacy. He qualifies it as a favorite because it falls under the "lights and music" requirement. It plays maybe a dozen different songs depending on how you've got the dial turned. This toy goes to bed with him at night, and packs it out to the living room each morning when he wakes up--keeping it handy in case he feels like dancing to the music. This morning he was holding it while I was getting him dressed. He searched through the various songs until he found the Alphabet Song --you know what I'm talking about-- the traditional "A,B,C,D,E..." and so on. Well... this is the part that shocked me. He started making noises along with the song-- as if he were singing it. Obviously it wasn't the ABC's as we speak them, but he never made the same sound in a row; I am convinced he was intentionally "singing" along with the music. Of course, I tested him again after about 15 mintues. I found the song and handed him the toy-- he started "singing" again! He'll "sing" it all the way through. I've never seen him do that before, and while part of me is sad that he can't sing it properly, most of me is happy that he's learned to sing at all. Not that anyone else may pick up on it, but I hear it. And it sounds beautiful!

1 comment:

  1. Julie,
    Just wanted to say thank you so much for the super encouraging comment you posted on our blog. Thank you!!! I am sooo encouraged, and am believing the Lord for Jensen's healing. Blessing on you and your men. Your blog is beautiful... I love it!
    ~Cailyn

    ReplyDelete